AVAILABILITY – The mug in the pictures will be the same mug you will receive
- The last 5mm at the bottom and base has been left intentionally un-glazed
- Made with UK stoneware clay
- Holds approx 380ml & weighs 500grams
- Size approx 100mm high x 90mm wide at the top x 140 wide including tentacles and handle
- Microwave and Dishwasher Safe (however, constant dishwasher use may dull the glossy glaze
HOW IT’S MADE
- Entire process made by hand (not wheel-thrown and no moulds) making every mug unique
- Individually glazed by hand using lead free/food safe glazes
- About 1 Week to slowly air dry, then Kiln fired twice (first firing for it’s bisque fire to about 1000°c,
- ready for glazing, then second firing for the glazing to over 1200°c) at my studio in Cornwall, UK
Slight imperfections are a part of handmade pottery and add character to the mugs I make. This is something that you cannot find in mass produced factory made ceramic ware – but you probably knew that already, and that is why you are here!
These mugs make perfect gifts (that is if you think you can part with it & not keep it for yourself).